Saturday 19 March 2016

The Story of Jane Doe by R.A. Budden

The Story of Jane Doe

Read from December 19th - 27th 2015

Published July 16th 2015

Format    Paperback322 pages


ReviewI really looked forward to reading this book.It looked full of promise and do you know what?-It didn't disappoint one little bit.Thinking about this review,I pondered about which genre to place it under.It slotted into a fair few.Some obvious, such as mystery, crime, thriller, fiction, definitely adult, but then showed a definite psychological side, and there was even a sneaky smattering of love but not too much to put me off. Each element was relevant and in proportion for the whole book. This book had it all.......in spades.

This book however, was a little 'out there', much of it, I was saying "yeah right" or "as if" BUT, it was fine because it all blended into the story very well and was all very enjoyable regardless. It was no different to a lot of modern movies that are a bit 'out there' but we all still love to watch them.On that note, this book in my opinion could well make a good movie.

I have read another book with similar subject matter and found it a hard read and too graphic. This book didn't go over the top with any of the harder subject matter. R.A Budden seemed to show a care towards her readers as well as her characters, which in turn enticed me as a reader to feel for the characters too.
'Jane Doe', appears quite naive at times throughout. I wanted to shake her and say "What! You silly woman", and much much more :-D but with the life she was living, it really wasn't a surprise. For a book to make me feel so much, I knew it had gripped me and sucked me into their lives.

I struggled with the rating for this book and couldn't decide whether to give it a 4 star or a 5 star rating. After much deliberation, I have put 4 but think I am rating it a 4.5 stars in all fairness.

An easy read.A definite page turner that was hard to put down, like watching a movie playing out in your head.

I am looking forward to reading some more of R.A Budden's work.


4 out of 5 stars here.

No comments:

Post a Comment