Monday 21 March 2016

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Trilogy of Four (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1-4) by Douglas Adams

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Trilogy of Four (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1-4)

Read From September 14th - 26th 2015

Published April 1st 2010 by Pan MacMillan

Format    Paperback - 768 pages


ReviewOh my, what have I just read?!
Random, witty, weird.Nonsensical in places but made perfect sense at the same time.
I loved this book from front cover to back. One of the most entertaining books I have read.
The Restaurant at the End of the Universe has got to be my favourite of the four. What a roller coaster of a ride Arthur Dent was taken on accompanied by very unique (for want of a better word) companions, including Marvin the robot.Oh Marvin, how I loved every word, sentence and miserable moan that came out of your little metal mouth.
The plot? well, I did lose that from time to time but it didn't matter, I picked it up again pretty easily.
I really wonder how Douglas Adams mind ticked on a daily basis to come up with this extraordinary four parter? Did he partake in a little LSD one wonders. ;-)
Shame he isn't around to write more books because I certainly for one would read them.What a weird and wonderful mind.
I found myself saying "ohhhhhhh, I get it" out loud on many an occasion.
This book is one of those that I will definitely read again at some point and see if I take something more or even else from it as it oozes detail and hilarity and quirkiness.
I was amazed how much at the beginning of the book resounded modern day.Douglas Adams was onto something with that screen reader ;-)
Funny thing about this book is how Adams incorporates so many aspects of 'truth' into this sci fi, action packed, humorous 'trilogy' of four.
It deserves all five stars given and I recommend everybody to give it a try.

5 out of 5 stars given to this one and rightly so.

No comments:

Post a Comment