Saturday 12 March 2016

Lieblings by Nadia Espley

Lieblings

Read from September 9th - 12th 2015.

Published April 7th 2015 by CreateSpace

Format     Paperback - 1,333 pages


ReviewSMASH!!! This book bounced in with a crash, a smash and a boom. I wasn't quite sure what had hit me. Very lively and fast paced from the get go. It made my head spin fast but it was good, all good.

At first the style appeared to be written extremely simply and this was added to by it's short obviously separated paragraphs that initially took a few to get comfortable with. I do like the paragraphs, it just took me away from what I was used to in a book but being so fast, I feel it needed them.A good move by the author there.
I felt like I was a Big Brother camera, just listening to peoples every day conversations and they were, just like conversations anyone would have with their friends....literally, no holes barred!

I had entered what you could call a bitch fest of a book.
What a bunch of frightening, narrow minded, bullyish women who have barely any redeeming qualities between them.
If you are expecting a murder mystery of a book that we are all familiar with, you will have a bit of a shock as that bit fills up a mere tiddly percentage of the story. The focus is on the relationships between the women and how they all came together and their back stories.

Some of the language used maybe a little shocking to some.I'd say mild myself but it is in there on a few occasions. There is a fair amount of name dropping too, well known shops for example, bet they liked that bit of advertising. I think readers will enjoy this as it sparks some familiarity and connects them closer to the book and develops a connection to these ladies lives.

Hard to put down and kept me smiling and shocked at the same time. A superb ending which wasn't rushed.

This author definitely got better as she progressed with this book, showing more detail, not just in the conversations but the rest of the book using better descriptive words, almost like she had finally found the thesaurus. There is a few grammatical and spelling errors in the book-losing not loosing for example. Unsure if it has been proof read.It really didn't matter as I really enjoyed it, even though it isn't my usual kind of read.

4 out of 5 stars given.

No comments:

Post a Comment