Friday 18 March 2016

The Babble Hinge - 1.

Well, here I am sat on the sofa with a tabby and white cat trying to clamber all over my chest, shoulders and face.Who knows how this post may turn out.Oh, hang on.............peace resumes.He has perched behind my head whilst slowly strangulating me with his tail around my neck.Quick, before he decides to move.

Firstly, it has been a wonderful day at work.Working with wonderful people really makes a difference. I'm proud and honoured to say that some of these people have become really lovely friends. I really don't know how they put up with my constant chatting, my fast gabble and excitable book talk but do you know what? they accept this with as much interest as they did a few hours ago, a few months ago or even a few years ago.

I have been working a while on this blog during the evening. I really haven't a clue what I am doing. I can write a review but putting together my own blog? eeeek! I'm just blagging my way through really and trying to learn as I go along. I believe I may just be making some headway now.
It was JUST going to be book reviews but I thought it was nice to put a little extra edge onto it by adding updates like this, ultimately leading back to books.Of course, it ALL leads back to books in the end, books AND cats, yes, books and cats. These two definitely think it is all about them and maybe a smidgen of books. Sharing me isn't what they signed up for.
I read every night when I go to bed, unless I am at that point when they think I'm just winking at them because I can only summon up the energy to lift one eyelid the barest, minuscule of a measure and that is used to empty the litter trays and get me safely up to the 'boudoir' at least in one whole piece.

I can, at 23:35hrs, hear the bed calling me up. I know that once there, I will pick up my book, The Surrogate by Tania Carver, who is of course Martyn Waites. I'm only about 100 pages in. Such a heavy few days at work. Still, we can't have everything, I guess.

That's me, saying goodnight. Catch you all again soon.

http://www.taniacarver.com/surrogate.php


No comments:

Post a Comment