Sunday 20 March 2016

The Babble Hinge - 2.

What kind of day has today been? a fair one, I think. After working a few hours overtime yesterday afternoon, today was MY day. My weekend to relax, read, play with the kitties, oh and do some housework I guess.

It started with Zebedee (the long haired one in charge) meowing at me at a ridiculous hour for a Sunday morning especially after I had had a late night. He is a cat of routine and woe betide I break that routine, no matter if it IS Sunday. He doesn't particularly care about a small element such as that and why should he, he is a cat. In his defence, he only transforms his furriness into a wailing alarm clock once I have stirred enough that it must be wake up time. It doesn't occur to him that even humans can roll over and go back to sleep too. In true human slave action, I, of course dragged myself down to the kitchen to feed him and his brother a delicious banquet of a well known tuna pouch cat food. Yum.

In between the relaxing and housework, I received a call from a colleague who wanted to deliver my birthday present (7th April, pop it in your diaries ;-D). My wonderful colleagues bought me a fabulous desk. Very excited by this and so very humbled that they would do that. Feeling somewhat spoilt. She gave me my orders that I wasn't to undo and put it together until the big day.

Housework finished, time to get comfy with my book -
The Surrogate by Tania Carver http://www.taniacarver.com/surrogate.php  The Surrogate (Brennan & Esposito, #1)
I finished it! I really enjoyed it.What a brutal story.What goes through an authors mind to think of these things? I'd love to know. A review will follow in the next few days, so look out for that.

I have chosen my next read. This author B.P.Smythe found me on Twitter and asked me to review his ebook, (I don't read books on a screen). However, he didn't forget and once he had a few in print, he remembered to send me one.




Published by Bloodhound Books.
You can read about this author on their site, here -http://www.bloodhoundbooks.com/bp-smythe/ and follow him and his works here - https://twitter.com/BPSmythe

Looking forward to this read. It is a good size book. The synopsis is intriguing, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment