Saturday 12 March 2016

Order of Seven by Beth Teliho

Order of Seven

Read from December 10th - 19th 2015.

Published April 7th 2015 by Branches & Ink Press

Format    Paperback - 240 pages


ReviewA win.......looks fab.
I have just received my signed copy with free bookmark in the post.Wish I could attach a photo.

Different is the word I'd use to describe this book.It isn't like anything I have ever read before and probably anything I have yet to read.This book got better as it went along.
It wasn't a book that gave the wham bam,wow,jump at you factor but that was ok, not every book needs to be that way and sometimes it is nice to read something a little more mellow.
This book gives us some interesting characters each with their own back stories full of unique gifts.
I enjoyed how the relationships between the young people and their parents intertwined and the history that develops into their current lives.
What I liked about this story is because it is so unique, I just never knew where it was taking me.I particularly enjoyed the fact that we, as the readers were finding out 'the story' as the characters were.Once the story really kicked in, I found it giving me a new surprise at many points throughout.

If I had to pinpoint things that didn't work for me then I would say apart from their capabilities, how bland the characters appeared at the beginning.There didn't appear to be much depth behind them which made any kind of connection with these characters difficult.I got the feeling that Beth Teliho wrote it without feeling that too BUT........

I loved the book.I liked the story full of prophecies, runes, magic and 'mind games'. The story had a fair amount of intricate detail from beginning to end which filled the pages with reading pleasure.
If you want to read a YA book that shows something original and new, then this is the book for you and I would encourage you to give it a go.
I would like to think that Beth Teliho would carry this story on.

4 out of 5 stars given.

No comments:

Post a Comment