Saturday 12 March 2016

Alchemy: a story of perfect murder by Chris James

24672916

Read from October 22nd - November 4th 2015.

Published March 2nd 2015 by Amazon

Format    Paperback - 266 pages


Review     What the heck have I just read! 
Firstly, WOW, Chris James,what have you done to my head.
This book is psychologically scary!!

I'm not going to tell you the story, you can read it in the synopsis and it will only be a repeat of how everyone else has told it.My review of this attention grabbing tale is the bit you really want to read.
I love watching and reading thrillers, mysteries, psychological thrillers and even a good old horror but this was something else and I loved it.

Talk about a roller coaster.It took my reading head on the most amazing twists and turns that I haven't been on in a fair while.Not a predictable read at all and when you think you know, think again, although at some points when I was on the right track, I'd soon be sent in a different direction.An intriguing plot, full of surprises, jam packed with immortality, chemistry, love and of course, alchemy.Set in Victorian England conjured up a dark, scary, unforgiving imagination that set the scene for the story enveloping the so very well developed characters.
Half way through, I said that it was clear the author had done their research on Victorian law,evident in the court room scenes.Upon further investigation it transpires that Chris James is indeed a former murder squad detective.You could see he knew what was 'in' at the time too, mentioning certain big names sporadically throughout.This however, does not detract from the story itself.I found it added to it.
I particularly liked the way Chris James constructed the story with one (the court scenes) running throughout from beginning to end and each chapter that went back to show us what occurred to get to the court action.
This is a powerful book, not for the faint hearted but if this is your genre and you like something evil, meaty, gritty and full on that you can get your teeth into and not want to put down, then this could be your 5 star book as it was mine.
I can't wait to read the sequel.


5 out of 5 stars given.

No comments:

Post a Comment