Sunday 23 July 2017

The Babble Hinge - 8.

BOO!! I am back! Over a year away and over the last couple of weeks I have slowly crept back in. Did you notice? No prize if you did but hey, well done. oh and welcome back faithful Zebinoco readers.

What to tell you.....ok, so I had to take a break as the pain in my wrist and hand was getting just a little too much but over the last few months a wonderful Doctor at the pain management team has been my godsend. Did I mean to give him a capital D, oh yes, I sure did.It's as close as I can get to naming him on here- The Doctooooor.haha.Yes, ok, more meds but he never treated me like a leper.He believed me.He could see there was something that wasn't right and finally the right meds have and are working.I am hoping to stay on them for a good year or two and hopefully reroute my pain pathway and then slowly come off them all.I hate taking so many.I feel like a crumbly 90 year old living in a medicine cabinet.Still, if it is what is needed right now, then so be it. What we do know is that it is definitely neuropathic pain.

BUT (da,da,da,daaaa), it doesn't end there, oh no.I am not meant to have a break.😄
I have been off work with an acute case of Achilles Tendinopathy/Tendonitis with also a possible Haglunds deformity lump on the calcaneous bone where the tendon joins. I am off for an ultrasound to prove this in a few days.Physio is helping the Achilles and I am able to walk down stairs normally now and without hobbling thanks to my fabulous orthotics but this weekend has been so so sore.I have to wear the orthotics in full shoes, but the best thing for haglunds is open cloggs.aarrrghhh! A viscious circle, so whilst I am helping my tight achilles tendon, I am making my Haglunds very sore. I have ordered some Haglunds support gel padding.

Warning: Feet Photo's - Just because, it's my blog. hahahaha 😇 Scratch and sniff currently not working.Please retry later.



As you can see, this was at one of  the points at the beginning. There were times I couldn't even put my shoe on.It doesn't swell like this now or get inflamed, although I know it still does inside as my nerves buzz somewhat. 

Lets talk about more jollier stuff now.I met a friend and colleague for, what shall we call it.....elevenses (ooooo posho) yesterday. 11:15 at a cute little place called The Bicycle Shop in the city where I live (Norwich). I am a little out of blog practice I didn't take any photo's to put up so lets scout the net.....Such a quaint cute place.I recommend booking a table though as it is very small.
It used to be a bicycle shop many years ago, funny that.

 
https://www.thebicycleshopcafe.com/

I had a wonderful eggs benedict with a latte. oh my, it was so nice.The decor was so delightful with yes, you got it, old scattered books along the wall edge and bird cages in the huge plants in the cafe, no, not real ones with real birds.All pretend with pretend birds in the plants. They accept dogs in too which I thought lovely and I know some would disagree but I'd rather sit next to many dogs than many humans I've met! Most are a lot cleaner to be honest.They had a little bowl of dog biscuits by the till.Cute. What a lovely, lovely place.The staff were very pleasant and it was a very relaxed atmosphere too. I'd definitely go again.

In Chapelfield Gardens there was an Alice in Wonderland fun day for the RSPCA.It had been really hyped up all year but upon a slow walk over, I felt slightly disappointed if I'm honest.Yes, I was aware it was mainly going to be aimed at children but thought there was going to be many characters and such like.There was a few games and some food and craft stalls.The weather hadn't been great so maybe that had affected it and it was a charity event so money would have been tight but it did take almost the way around before we saw anything remotely Alice in Wonderland AND I donned my Alice tee shirt for the occasion too! I love Alice in Wonderland as many of you will remember from my 40th Mad Hatter tea party.

 Image may contain: 1 personPhoto from Norwich in Wonderland Event's post in Alice in Wonderland Family Fun Day.
 https://www.facebook.com/events/1668503556783231/permalink/1718267138473539/
People who went reported to have a fun time and the children loved it.There was lots of nice food about and I hope they made lots of money for the RSPCA.

Well, that's all for now or I'll run out of paper and you know how big I write.Catch you next time readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment