Monday 23 May 2016

The Babble Hinge - 7.

Hellooooooo,
Ok, ok, so it has been a little while since I added a review (apart from a couple of old ones, I transferred over from Goodreads).
I have had a fair bit of overtime at work lately and well, basically life happened and got in the way.
I have a couple of reviews to put up on here and promise you they will be going up by the end of the week.

I have had a crazy prescription day today. Boots (chemist) keep messing up my script.I am on a couple of pain meds. The first, I get more than enough of and the second,well, that's another story. The script is, 1-2 4 times daily.I get a box of 100.Boots order this for me ONCE a month.Now, my maths is dire but even I know that if I am taking my max dose, then a box of 100 just isn't going to make it through the month so, I place an order with my Drs manually for that and my cholesterol pills.Oh my word, all this pillage, sounds like I am a right druggie.I would rather not be on any of it but I do know it is only temporary. Back to the story.The order was put in on Thursday,which was 4 days ago explaining that Boots keep messing the script order up and this was an extra order as well as their monthly one. Now, I understand why people get so annoyed talking to answer phones as all this is done via a prescription voicemail system. Today, I rang Boots who confirmed they had got my cholesterol med script all ready to go and yes, I could collect after work.Fantastic, what about my pain relief. "What about it" you ask. Oh no, it hasn't been put on. I rang the G.p next and spoke to a receptionist who says, yes it has been written but to be sent over to Boots for the 26th. Argh!! "But, I have had no pain meds over the weekend and left my repeat med req on Thursday". She says but you have them once a month and Boots have requested it for 26th."Look", I said "with all the will in the world and my maths isn't great, you can not make a box of 100 last a month at a dosage of 1-2 4 times a day, it just doesn't equate". The receptionist seemed to understand and said she would just speak to the Dr................5 minutes later, she returned to the phone. "The doctor says they will scrap that script and get you another done, it will be ready tomorrow". "Tomorrow?!? but I called it in on Thursday, giving over the required 48 hrs notice and I have work and have been without meds all weekend". She giggles, I think what is so darn funny.You don't have my pain obviously.Yes, it only takes off an edge but that edge enables me to sleep a little and to work better a little more which is huge to me.Here we go again.I decide to pop into Boots after work and get my cholesterol meds and some shop strength co-codamol. I waited ten minutes for someone to take note that I was there and then they couldn't find the meds.They looked high and low and then apologised to me.The pharmacist apologised saying I had been given incorrect information and even that med wasn't ready for me either and that they would text me once it was in and ready........really ready.
Off home I went almost empty handed.I went somewhere else for the co-codamol and they didn't have any but did have their own capsule mix which I thought, that will do and took it.

Oh dear.What a palarva! I love that word - palarva.
Talking about words, I was having a conversation with some others about lovely sounding words on The Bookshop Cafe (a group on Facebook for book lovers of all kinds).We liked agog, I love place names such as Mesopotamia and Constantinople and I also like Pumpernickel. We also came up with these beauties to name just a few - flibbertigibbet. rambunctious, widdershins, bunting, doily and cockwomble. Ohhhhh, should I have said that word on here? hehe (feels naughty now). I shall leave you with that one.What words do you like the sounds of? 

Will be back soon to review and babble some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment