Tuesday 3 May 2016

The Babble Hinge - 6.

Here I am, at 09:30 hours, sat at my desk attaching another hinge with a Latte beside me and two furry moggies either side of me also. I am sporting the rather tired eyes and hair look after a busy day yesterday. Yesterday, what happened yesterday? I'll start there and work backwards, just because, I can :-)


I left the house at 9am to make the approx 3hr drive to the other side of Lincoln and for those that don't know, Lincoln in the UK is round in the next smaller hump up on the map to me. The darker green area shows Norfolk and Lincolnshire.
                                          
It was only my 4th/5th time driving there and for those that know, driving on the A17 can be a bit of a deathwish in itself although, I don't see it as that bad if I'm honest. 50mph was pushing a bit as a max speed due to being stuck behind bank holiday caravans. It resembled a convoy backing down the road until hooray, we lost the caravan only to find that within seconds two more had joined the convoy.......in front! This was certainly going to take some time. Oh how I wished I could trundle along and read my book at the same time. If only. Two problems with that, the book was at home and I may just end up in the purple Citreon Picasso's back end that I was becoming all too familiar with from the A47 onwards.
Onto the A15 with afore said caravans dearly departed, and a little before seeing R.A.F Waddington on the left in a sign, a small low down sign saying RAMP, like so -
                                  Image result for ramp sign
remembering this road allows you to drive down it at 60mph so one of these at the side of the road in the grass very close to THE ramp doesn't really do much for your 11 yr old cars suspension or the 11 yr old wheels and if I'm truthful, my 40 yr old body in general. You may giggle, but by jove, this was no RAMP, this was a STEP!!

I was going to show you some lovely photo's of yesterdays trip into Lincoln with my dad but I will have to show you some from the internet stock instead as I'd still like you to see what a wonderful historic city is is and hopefully you can enjoy it as much as I always do. I completely forgot to take some for you yesterday. I have loads on my external hard drive but do not have it to hand. I will endeavour to show you ones which correspond with where we went.
Here is a view of part of Lincoln castle from the medieval wall walk which is mainly what we went for -
           
Photo taken from Trip Advisor.
If you ever get the chance to go, go.The castle and the cathedral are wonderful. We didn't go into the cathedral yesterday but here it is for you to see and is directly across from the castle.
                 
This is almost as I would have seen it yesterday from the medieval wall walk.Photo taken from BBC Lincolnshire site. A little history on the beautiful Lincoln cathedral.
Afterwards we went for a strutt down Steep hill.Steep hill is littered with tiny old shops down each side.Very quaint.
View of the lower section of Steep Hill, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England
Steep Hill midway point. Click link to see where it is cited from.

Lets bring it back to books. On the way down on the right is this wonderful building called Jews Court/Jews House and that door right next to the window made me feel like Alice in Wonderland as it is much smaller than I am. This is a second hand bookshop but I didn't go in it as we were then going off for lunch.
Jew’s Court

On the way back home to Norfolk there were waves lapping (slight exaggeration) up the left side of my car. I have become a mega, blinded, spray pro driver. The journey home made more pleasurable with 6 mins, 45 seconds of the full version of Guns and Roses, Paradise City blasting out courtesy of Radio one, and yes, I did sing and wiggle my head. :-).

I am going to leave you with photo's of a treasured book box set that I received recently for my birthday. They are so beautiful.

                         
     
 

I love Sherlock Holmes and wanted a really lovely set to keep and treasure. They are a little smaller than average books and are sold by The Collectors Library, although mine came via Amazon. Book lovers will understand the joy I felt upon hearing the book sounds, the feel of the pages and the smell of the ink. Wonderful book times ahead with these. Other books from The Collectors Library may end up on my bookcases in due time ;-).

Oooooo, one more thing. I spotted this on my local library window -



A trip to the library may be in order. How exciting is this. :-D

For those that subscribe to my blog via emails, apologies if you have received a few with older reviews on them. I sent some back out via Google+ as they are good books but are so far back, I didn't want them to be forgotten as they deserve reading time by others.


It is book o'clock, so I will waffle at you again another time very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment